REASONS OF LEAVING
Here you can find a list with variety of different reasons that we received from nationals or foreigners (expats), who decided to leave Portugal
Check the reasons that motivated them or have played a roll on their decision to leave Portugal.
Our list is not a complete list and of course doesn't include all the reasons that exist. We are constantly updating the list, so if you see that the reasons, that motivated you are not included, let us know. We will be more than happy to add it.
- language barrier if you don't speak Portuguese
- bureaucracy is a Big Part of Life in Portugal
- some people find it challenging fitting in with the Portuguese people
- it might take time to find your perfect place in Portugal
- some areas are very expensive
-poorly insulated properties
- smoking on the streets
- orders online from abroad take forever and Portuguese customs is very slow